Lily nephrotoxicity in cats



Title Lily nephrotoxicity in cats
Author(s) K. M. Tefft
Journal Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian
Date 2004
Volume 26
Issue 2
Start page 149
End page 157
Abstract Certain members of the Liliaceae plant family can cause life-threatening acute renal failure in cats when ingested. The toxic principle, which is currently unknown, causes renal tubular necrosis. Decontamination and fluid diuresis within 6 hours of ingestion can prevent the development of renal failure; if more than 6 hours pass after ingestion, dialysis may be needed to treat renal failure successfully. Anuria indicates a grave prognosis. Cats that survive the acute insult may have chronic renal impairment.

Using APA 6th Edition citation style.

[Page generation failure. The bibliography processor requires a browser with Javascript enabled.]

Times viewed: 636

Adding this citation to "My List" will allow you to export this citation in other styles.