Barbara Ruth Campbell
|Building||Robertson Library 223|
Dr. Barbara Campbell, Director of the UPEI Webster Centre for Teaching and Learning and Faculty Development Office, is an Associate Professor with the UPEI School of Nursing and an Adjunct Professor with UNB. Barb’s research includes family literacy, pedagogy with new learners, and knowledge translation. She has co-authored 15 peer reviewed publications, 1 book and 34 presentations, is a member of the Learning Disabilities Association of PEI, a volunteer with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of PEI and a Senator on the UPEI Board of Governors.
- Benefits and Challenges of Technology in High Schools: A Voice from Educational Leaders with a Freire Echo
- Mental health and poverty in young lives
- Technology in Prince Edward Island high schools
- A European Union and Canadian Review of Public Health Nursing Preparation and Practice.
- The role of digital technologies in learning
- 2009 Investigating digital literacies and global awareness in post-secondary net generation learners. Major Research Grant, University of Prince Edward Island
- 2009 Evaluation of Newborn Family Literacy Programs in the Maritime Provinces. Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- 2009 Connecting Families through Community: An English as a Second Language (ESL) Family Literacy Project. Human Resources and Social Development Canada.
- Knowledge Translation
- Children's Health
- Rural Health
- Participatory Action Research
- Family Literacy
GrantsConnecting Families through Community: an English as Second Languages (ESL) Family Literacy Research (HSRDC 6250963)
- Adult learning, literacy and essential skills program (ALLESP)
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada