|Department(s)||Faculty of Education|
|Building||Memorial Hall 413|
Education: BA, Qufu Normal University; M.Ed., University of Alberta; Ph.D, University of Alberta
Dr. Guo is an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Education at the University of Prince Edward Island. She grew up in China, where she completed a BA and began her career as an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher. She earned an MEd degree in Administration and Leadership in Post-secondary Education and a PhD degree in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education from University of Alberta. She teaches courses in international education, global citizenship education, and international development within the Specialization of International Education (SIE) program in the Faculty of Education.
Linyuan has conducted research projects and worked closely with pre-service and in-service teachers in both Canadian and Chinese educational contexts. Her extensive professional experiences in the field of international education, including international teacher development, international relations, and collaboration in higher education, and administration of education abroad programs in higher education motivate her research towards developing pre-service and in-service teachers’ global competency though internationalizing teacher education.
Linyuan has conducted a variety of research projects related to education in China. Currently she is involved in a collaborative research on understanding teaching and teachers’ well-being under China’s market economy. She has conducted interpretive research inquiries to understand how traditions, cultures, and identities interplay in teachers’ learning, particularly during large-scale education change and curriculum reform in China.
- Translating global citizenship education into pedagogie actions in classroom settings
- Changes in Chinese education under globalisation and market economy
- From Laoshi to partners in learning
- The impact of new national curricular reform on teachers / L’impact de la réforme du nouveau curriculum national chez les professeurs
- Culturally responsive pedagogy in an international M.Ed program
- International Education
- Global Citizenship Education
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Curriculum and Institutional Internationalization
- Education Change
- Interpretive Inquiry
- Teacher Education