|Department(s)||Applied Human Sciences|
|Building||Health Sciences Building 316|
BSc (UPEI); MSc (Maine); PhD (Virginia Tech)
Dr. Weeks is a Family Gerontologist whose research interests include care and support services for seniors and their family caregivers, factors affecting the health of seniors.
Dr. Weeks is a Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE), and she completed a Graduate Certificate in Gerontology from the Centre for Gerontology at Virginia Tech. Dr. Weeks was the Director of a licensed community care facility on PEI before joining the Department of Family and Nutritional Sciences in 2001. She is a member of the National Council on Family Relations and the Canadian Association on Gerontology.
- The influence of driving status on transportation challenges experienced by older adults
- Informing the Development of Educational Programs to Support Older Adults in Retiring From Driving
- The everyday experience of living with and managing a neurological condition (the LINC study)
- What Should We Build When They Are Ready to Come?
- Age and gender differences in emotional and informational social support insufficiency for older adults in Atlantic Canada
- Care and support services for older adults and their caregivers
- Factors affecting the health of older adults
GrantsElder abuse awareness - A PEI network response
- New Horizons for Seniors - Elder Abuse Awareness
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Service Agreement
- Dalhousie University