|Name||J. Tim Goddard|
J. Tim GoddardBiography
Education: PhD, Alberta; MEd; BEd, Saskatchewan; Cert. Ed., Cambs.
Dr. Goddard was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Education, UPEI, on 1 July 2008. Prior to this he was Vice-Provost (International) at the University of Calgary.
Originally from England, Dr. Goddard has worked in a number of countries and in different places across Canada. As well as Canada and England he has experience in Papua New Guinea, Kosovo, Lebanon, and Slovenia. Within the Canadian context he has worked in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, Nova Scotia and, now, PEI.
Dr. Goddard’s primary area of research and teaching is educational leadership and administration, broadly defined, with a focus on the role and impact of cultural and demographic change on schools, particularly those serving minority and marginalized populations.
- Educational leadership and administration across cultures
- Ethnocultural diversity and developmental education
- School systems as organizations
- The role of the principal in school culture
- The preparation and professional development of teachers