Associate Professor (on leave until August 2017)
BSc (UPEI); MSc (Maine); PhD (Virginia Tech)
Dr. Weeks is a Family Gerontologist whose research interests include care and support services for seniors and their family caregivers, factors affecting the health of seniors.
Dr. Weeks is a Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE), and she completed a Graduate Certificate in Gerontology from the Centre for Gerontology at Virginia Tech. Dr. Weeks was the Director of a licensed community care facility on PEI before joining the Department of Family and Nutritional Sciences in 2001. She is a member of the National Council on Family Relations and the Canadian Association on Gerontology.
- Journal of Education and Practice, 2015
- Journal of Peer Learning, 2015
- Journal of Applied Gerontology, 2015
- Educational Gerontology, 2014
- Canadian Journal of Nursing Research, 2013
- No classification given
- Care and support services for older adults and their caregivers
- Factors affecting the health of older adults