Lily nephrotoxicity in cats
|Title||Lily nephrotoxicity in cats|
|Author(s)||K. M. Tefft|
|Journal||Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian|
|Abstract||Certain members of the Liliaceae plant family can cause life-threatening acute renal failure in cats when ingested. The toxic principle, which is currently unknown, causes renal tubular necrosis. Decontamination and fluid diuresis within 6 hours of ingestion can prevent the development of renal failure; if more than 6 hours pass after ingestion, dialysis may be needed to treat renal failure successfully. Anuria indicates a grave prognosis. Cats that survive the acute insult may have chronic renal impairment.|
Using APA 6th Edition citation style.
Times viewed: 511