|Department(s)||Faculty of Education|
|Building||Memorial Hall 413|
BA (Shandong, China); MEd, Ph.D (Alberta)
Dr. Linyuan Guo-Brennan is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Education, University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Canada. As the Academic Lead of Specialization of International Education and the Masters of Education with Global Perspectives program at UPEI, her teaching and research focuses on international and comparative education, global citizenship education, international development, and quantitative/interpretive research methodology.
Dr. Guo-Brennan is a scholar with interdisciplinary practical wisdoms and has published extensively on comparative educational systems and curriculum traditions, preparing globally competent educators, internalization in higher education, large scale curriculum change and culturally responsive curriculum and pedagogy. The large scale research projects she has directed and involved include studies on preparing globally competent educators, students’ global competency in higher education, the impact of market economy on education in China, and building welcoming communities for immigrant and refugee youth in Canada.
Dr. Guo-Brennan has a doctoral degree in Curriculum Studies (international) and MEd degree in Administration and Leadership in Post-secondary Education from University of Alberta. She has a BA degree in English Linguistics and Literature from China.
Dr. Guo-Brennan is the recipient of UPEI’s inaugural Internationalization Excellence Award in 2015 as the recognition of her contribution to institutional internationalization and the field of International Education.
- Translating global citizenship education into pedagogie actions in classroom settings
- Changes in Chinese education under globalisation and market economy
- From Laoshi to partners in learning
- The impact of new national curricular reform on teachers / L’impact de la réforme du nouveau curriculum national chez les professeurs
- Culturally responsive pedagogy in an international M.Ed program
- International Education
- Global Citizenship Education
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Curriculum and Institutional Internationalization
- Education Change
- Interpretive Inquiry
- Teacher Education